Monday 23 November 2009

Why?

Is there a way to tell when something is going to end?
Is there some sure fire sign that tells us when to leave it?
Because if so I want to know what it is, so I just know when to cut my losses and run.
This one though, this one's tricky.

How do you know when you love them more then anything?
When all you want to do is curl up with them and say nothing?
Because words aren't needed. You can enjoy the moment without saying a word and it is just enough to be with them, in that tiny piece of time because that fragment of time, is perfect. It is unbreakable and can't be replaced with anything.
When they are enough and you have nothing more in the world to want.
Your heart skips a beat just because you are next to them and it makes you want to explode. And it scares me. It scares me because this has never been like this.

I want to scream at you and kiss you. You frustrate me and interest me and make me laugh.
When everything is said and done, I think I would go back for just 1 minute. Nothing special. Nothing out of the ordinary. Just lying in your bed, listening to music, you telling me how crap my taste is, me playfully batting you away with childish blows and then just the one kiss and then smile that the game inevitably leads to, because it always does. Every single time.

I wouldn't exchange that for the world. I don't get those moments very often, they are few and far between and I don't know how long I can deal with not having them. Sometimes it hurts that you can't be around and I know it isn't your fault and you can't help it but sometimes I just need you. I don't know if you realise.
Occasionally you just feel so distant, like I don't know you and then sometimes I think I don't know you at all. It scares me and I want to run and I can't. Just because it's you and I love you. I don't think you understand how much I do.





'Nothing unusual, nothing's changed.
I'm just a little older that's all.
You know when you've found it,
There's something i've learned,
You know it when they take it away.
Something unusual,
Something strange,
Come's from nothing at all.
I'm not a miracle,
And you're not a saint,
Just another soldier on the road to no where.
Amie, come sit on my wall,
And read me a story of old,
And tell it like you still believe,
At the end of centuries,
There's a change for you and me.'

No comments:

Post a Comment